How We Met
We met at EMT school in Montgomery.
Haley: Zach got my attention because of all of his uniforms. The first day of class he came in wearing his Air Force uniform and the next day he was wearing a Millbrook Fireman's uniform. He wouldn't talk to anyone in the class. He just sat in the back...very serious. He did answer questions though and was always right. I was impressed with him. Then randomly, one day he decided to come out while we were on break and make friends. I invited him to go out with our study group and the rest is history.
Zach: I was very intent on passing the EMT class and keeping a high GPA. The pretty girl that wore the jeans, boots, and drove the Scottsdale got my attention though. I stepped outside one day on break to feel things out, and the sun caught her eyes as we were talking. That did it for me, and luckily after class that night she asked if I wanted to go play pool with the rest of the class. I said "heck yeah" even though I've never been good. We talked about music and a few basic things about each other while I struggled through pool. I knew I wanted to learn more about her. The rest is on pages in the book.
The First Date Controversy
Haley: Our first date was to the movies. Zach invited me to go see Despicable Me 2. Afterwards, I invited him to go see my Uncle Buddy's band playing nearby. He met my dad. We danced (awkwardly). Someone took our first picture together ^^^^ right up there^^. I decided I liked him, so I agreed to go on a second date to Ranchito.
Zach: Sigh. No. Our first date was to Ranchito in Wetumpka. Haley talked loud. Spilled her drink. We laughed a lot. I liked her, so I invited her on our SECOND date to see Despicable Me 2.
3 Years & Counting
In the past 1,095 days, we have:
- made it through 2 deployments
- traveled to 7 different states (North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Texas, Louisiana)
- explored 11 cities (Savannah, Asheville, Huntsville, Gatlinburg, Lynchburg, New Orleans, San Antonio, Austin, Atlanta, Birmingham, Beaufort)
- bummed on 6 beaches (Hilton Head, Orange Beach, Destin, Atlantic Beach, Southport, Tybee)
- adopted 2 kitties
- had upteen debates on the optimum room temperature and volume of the TV
- moved 2 times
- made many great friends
- had millions of tiny moments that has created 1 great adventure